Film the Pledge to Keep Squaw True
Thank you for helping us Keep Squaw True by filming yourself saying the petition to Keep Squaw True out loud. That petition asks for a plan for the future of Tahoe’s Squaw Valley that makes sense, one that is:
- True to the mountains and meadows that give Squaw Valley its unique sense of place.
- True to the people who live, work, and play in Squaw Valley and the Tahoe Sierra.
- True to the best ski terrain in California and those who come to test themselves on Squaw’s slopes.
- True to Squaw Creek, Shirley Canyon, Lake Tahoe, and Squaw Valley’s incredible natural scenery.
- True to our Sierra Heritage and opportunities for kids to play in the Great Outdoors.
Follow these tips to maximize the chance that we use your footage:
- Use any smartphone or comparable video camera.
- Outdoors is preferred, but indoors works too.
- Shoot horizontally with head in the center and top of head near top of frame. It helps to have friend hold camera so it’s steady.
- Look straight at the camera.
- Read slowly and clearly. Pause between the bullet-points. Model the pace in the sample video: